KLX Inc Commodity Buyer II in Carson, California
OBJECTIVE:Sources and purchases aerospace fasteners and parts. Compiles and analyzes data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives. Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes. Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Responsible for managing long-term agreements in conjunction with Purchasing Managers. Ownership and accountability for respective Purchasing inter-team project (Analysis, reporting, execution)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the Company)
• Deliver on savings and inventory requirements as per the commodity and business strategies.
• Conduct Analysis to determine if orders need to be placed to meet global procurement requirements.
• Select suppliers, negotiate pricing, issue purchase orders, re-align Deliveries, follow up, and expedite as necessary. Responsible for analyzing assigned part numbers and queue management.
• Work closely with Sales department on customer requests and requirements to determine investment strategy.
• Collaborate with Quality department on defective or unacceptable goods, and determine appropriate course of action. Complete actions as necessary to resolve issue.
• Confirm Purchase Order acknowledgments and verify accuracy of PO details; Work cross-functionally and with suppliers on payment issue resolution.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree (• Supply Chain Management • Business • Related Field of Study)
2-4 Years of Experience
Two years related experience and/or training.
Strong negotiation skills.
Professional / interpersonal verbal & written communication skills.
Ability to effectively multi-task.
Microsoft office experience.
Or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience
• General knowledge of Aerospace compliance and regulations
• Educational – CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
• CPIM (Certified Production Inventory Management)
• CPSM (Certified Professional Supply Management)
• Certification or equivalent
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.